(This is an academic project)
The "EyExtension Keyboard" is a utility that provides two alternative keyboards, with a simplified design, intended to assist blind people. The first keyboard is based on communication by morse code. The second keyboard is based on the grouping of characters, allowing to select a character for each group. The user interacts using only 4 "keys" easily reachable in the device corners.
- Through a combination of characters "." and "-" unable to write the letters corresponding to existing combinations in morse code.
- Allows to select a group of characters;
- Navigate through characters within the selected group.
- Supports letters, numbers and punctuation;
- Plays sound help, where are described the actions of each key;
- Plays the last word and letter introduced and all of the text entered;
- Deletes all the text already typed;
- Sound and vibration feedback, which can be disabled in the settings of the keyboard;
- Change keyboards facilitated;
- To write a letter the user must wait a few seconds to submit the letter, hearing an audible warning to confirm.
- Supports screen rotation, maintaining the same functionality;
- The upper keys are the same on both keyboards: space and delete;
- Keys easy to achieve due to your layout.
EyExtension Keyboard is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2014-01-12. The program can be installed on Android.
EyExtension Keyboard (version 1.0.2) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.